By posting an article, you grant permission to make that article available in an archive with all other postings for later retrieval. That article may be reproduced in its entirety in any electronic copies of that archive (i.e. CD-ROM compilations).
– BHQ Administrators
as of 18 Nov 2002
This document is sent to all subscribers of the balloon mailing lists (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) upon subscribing. Since only subscribers (and select others that have made special arrangements) are able to post to these lists, it is not possible to post without first receiving this document. By posting to any of these lists, you are indicating that you have read and agree with these terms.
- Postings are to contain only information related to balloons and the balloon industry. Specifically, they should be sent to the appropriate balloon list. Balloon@balloonhq.com is for balloon entertainers. Balloondeco@balloonhq.com is for balloon decorators.
- Posting of anything in violation of any existing copyright is prohibited. The list maintainer will not be responsible for any content contained in a posting. The poster of an article will take all legal and financial responsibility for information they distribute. Therefore, it is suggested that the poster of an article for which he/she is not the author, obtain permission from the author or copyright holder prior to posting.
- Only human-readable text is permissible in a posting. That means no graphics, sound, or executable content are to be distributed through the use of these mailing lists. Other means exist for sharing material of that sort. Contact the list maintainer with questions regarding this.
- By posting an article, you grant permission to make that article available in an archive with all other postings for later retrieval. That article may be reproduced in its entirety in any electronic copies of that archive (i.e. CD-ROM compilations). You grant the editors of Balloon HQ the right to use your article or pieces of your article in other areas of Balloon HQ for educational purposes or in other publications affilliated with Balloon HQ. In exchange for the use of your article, you will be listed as a contributor to Balloon HQ. Your contributions will never be used without your name prominently displayed. In addition, you are granting others the right to use the information, though not necessarily the words, contained in that article. The article may be quoted in some contexts, subject to “fair use,” as defined by the U.S. copyright office.
- Advertisements for products, events and services, balloon-related or otherwise, are expressly prohibited. It is acceptable to include one line in your e-mail signature indicating that you are a vendor. If you have a balloon-related product that is genuinely new and unique, you are encouraged to post an announcement to the Classified ad pages on BalloonHQ.com, but not to the e-mail lists. Balloon HQ sponsors are also encouraged to send monthly press releases to email@example.com.
- Suggested prices for various jobs may not be posted. While we want people to share whatever information and advice they have, there are some limitations on what can legally be discussed. In an industry forum, it is not permissable to discuss appropriate prices for jobs. Talking between companies and comparing prices may be the most innocent of pastimes, however it can surely be misconstrued as price-fixing. This is against US federal law. The last thing we need as an industry is Uncle Sam looking over our shoulders. So……play fair and decide your own price. Base it on your company’s costs, needs and overhead. Discussions of how to determine fair pricing is allowed so long as actual numbers are not mentioned.
- Anyone may join Balloon HQ, however these mailing lists serve as an open forum for the balloon industry. Therefore you may not discuss prices charged to clients of your balloon business. You may openly discuss pricing strategies and costs of doing business in different areas, however the actual amounts you charge your customers is a personal thing. By suggesting to others what they should be charging, you may be engaging in price fixing according to US law.
Violation of rules
Depending on the severity of a violation, offenders may be removed from the list immediately, or sent one warning. In some cases, removal from the list is permanent. At the list maintainer’s discretion, you may have your posting privileges revoked for a cooling off period, rather than being removed completely from the list.
Any expenses incurred as a result of any of these violations will become the responsibility of the offender, not the list maintainer or the service provider used by the list maintainer.
Disagreement with rules
If you disagree with any of these rules you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to discuss the issue. Alternatively, you’re free to simply not post.
Contact Us | Member Services | BHQ History
Advertisers/Sponsors | Editors | Contributors
Privacy | Content Copyright